Swimming Pool, directed by Francois Ozon, 2003
- English ladies who write mystery novels are repressed and dress prudishly, if expensively.
- On occasion, however, they may play the femme fatale and disaster will ensue.
- All writers are nosy to the exclusion of their personal safety.
- The closets in which English publishers keep their skeletons are located in the south of France.
- French blonde daughters are slutty and sophisticated; their English counterparts are awkward and innocent.
- It can take all night to dig and fill a grave.