Monday, July 17, 2006

Biffles takes it off

Sunday night chez Biffles means it's time for my weekly S Factor class...and time to think about who I want to be when I dance that evening. (Check the link for details if you don't know what I mean.)

Last night's theme suggestion was: Be your favorite movie character.

Hmmmmm...well, I identify with Enid in Ghost World, but a routine in which I become Enid doesn't sound so enticing, does it? (Although, come to think of it, "Devil Got My Woman" could work.) But a plaid skirt? Ain't gonna work for this recovering Catholic girl.

So I thought, what movie would I want to be in? Well, anything by Pedro Almodovar, of course, especially Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown -- bright colors! polka dots! drugged gazpacho! But I couldn't think of any music to use that would work for me.

Which brought me to Swinging London in the swinging sixties: Julie Christie! Jean Shrimpton! Pattie Boyd! Jane Asher! So I laced up my pink gogo platform boots, got out the black-and-white minidress with allover High Anxiety spirals, and wore humongo purple plastic hoop earrings (all day, so I'd be in the mood). My choice of music? Miss Cilla Black, singing "You're My World."

I think Cilla (and Julie, Jean, Pattie, and Jane, not to mention Petula and Lulu) would have been proud.

No comments: